Chris Farris Events is fully committed to providing you with a top quality product or service. To help achieve this, we work within ‘Terms and Conditions’ for clarity, safety and best practice guidelines.
Please read the following Terms and Conditions. By booking any event activity or service with Chris Farris Events, you (the client) agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions.
Booking & Payment
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- A booking is not confirmed until Chris Farris Events has received a fully completed Booking Form and received the deposit (amount stated on booking form). Until such time, all bookings are deemed provisional. Completed Booking Forms establish a contract between the client (company or individual) booking an activity and Chris Farris Events.
- A deposit of 50% must be paid upon booking (as stated in booking form).
- The remaining balance is due 14 days before the activity date.
- In the event that the balance is not paid, Chris Farris Events will have the discretion to treat the booking as cancelled by the client, whereupon the initial deposit will be forfeited and Chris Farris Events may re-sell the activity place. Chris Farris Events are in no way liable for any loss whatsoever to the client for not delivering an activity if these terms are not met.
- Chris Farris Events will seek to accommodate any reasonable changes to your booking made by you, but this is subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed. Any change may incur an extra cost to the original booking (any extra cost will be made clear before the event).
Cancellations & Refunds
- Should the client cancel the booking for any reason within 14 days of the commencement of the activity, the client shall forfeit the initial deposit only set at 50%.
- Should the client cancel any booking for any reason up to 7 days of the commencement of the activity, the client shall forfeit 75% of the booking cost.
- All cancellations must be made in writing, by the person who made the booking. This can be done via posted letter or email. Both must ‘arrive’ before the 7 day limit.
- In the case of minor changes made to an activity by Chris Farris Events, such as a change to the start time, duration, itinerary, etc., we will advise you of these changes at the earliest possible date. Minor changes will not constitute a reason for cancellation.
- If a major change becomes necessary, such as a change of date of the activity, we will notify you as soon as reasonably possible. When a major change occurs you will have the option of accepting the change of arrangements, purchasing another event from us, or cancelling your event. Should you choose to cancel, we will refund all recoverable payments made directly to us in respect of the event.
- Every effort will be made to follow the planned programme, however changes may be required on occasion to meet the needs of the group, as a consequence of weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances. In all cases Chris Farris Events will endeavour to deliver a suitable alternative replacement activity.
- Any person or group leaving the activity of their own choice will not be entitled to a refund.
Liability & Insurance
- Adventurous activities are potentially hazardous with a danger of personal injury. By completing a Booking Form and Consent Form for these activities you are aware of and accept these risks and will be responsible for your own and your group’s actions and involvement.
- Some activities are staffed by Instructors who will maintain a high level of safety throughout the activities. Instructor to client ratios is in accordance with the risk assessment.
- Chris Farris Events holds public liability insurance cover.
- Chris Farris Events has an excellent safety record and cannot accept responsibility for injury or illness arising from any of the activities undertaken unless proven negligent.
- Chris Farris Events cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to personal property howsoever caused.
Health & Safety/Conduct
- Chris Farris Events must be informed of any medical condition (asthma, epilepsy, etc.) or any other special needs which may impair the individual’s performance or ability to undertake any activity.
- Contact lenses, spectacles, jewellery or accessories are permitted to be worn at the discretion of your Instructor. The wearer must accept full responsibility for any injury to themselves or others (or damage to their own or others belongings) sustained before, during or after an activity.
- Participants will not be permitted to consume alcohol or drugs prior to or during the activity sessions. The Instructor reserves the right to refuse participation to anyone considered to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Instructors may ask any participant to leave the activity session without financial compensation if that person acts in such a manner as to endanger him/herself or any other participant/ staff member.
- To enable Chris Farris Events to manage these risks you agree to acknowledge the need for responsible behaviour and that the Instructor’s word is final on all matters of safety. You confirm that you are familiar with the nature of the activities that you wish to undertake and acknowledge those risks that are inherent therein and that you may freely withdraw from any activity and there is no pressure whatsoever to take part.
- All injury, accident or near miss must be reported to the instructor immediately it has happened. The instructor will take appropriate action. However, the client is ultimately responsible for the Health and Safety of the group during any activity, and the Instructor is not duty bound to assist in case of emergency. The Instructor will of course usually assist in any way possible.
Equipment & Clothing
- Some safety equipment necessary to participate in the activities will be provided by Chris Farris Events. Participants will be responsible for their own clothing requirements (including spare clothing), as dictated by the weather conditions.
- Damage to or loss of Chris Farris Events equipment caused by negligence, malicious acts or carelessness must be paid for by the client at the time and at the current replacement value.
Photograph and other media (including, but not exclusively web, social media, video, press release, printed media)
Photography and other recording media may be taken during your activity and Chris Farris Events reserve the right to utilise these images for promotional purposes (including, but not exclusively web, social media, video, press release, printed media). Please state before hand if you do not wish Chris Farris Events to record any person or activity.
Complaints, grievances or suggestions
- Complaints, suggestions or amendments concerning any activity should be referred to Chris Farris Events within 14 days of the commencement of the activity. Chris Farris Events will adhere to its complaints procedures and therefore act to do everything possible to rectify the situation, and the client will receive a written reply from the Chris Farris Events.
Conditions of Service
- By completing a Booking Form, participants are hereby deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions apply to every person booked onto an event activity with Chris Farris Events. If booking on behalf of a third party you accept these terms on their behalf and so it is important that you also make them aware of these Terms and Conditions.